...slices of life in the Garden of Good & Evil

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Just Cut It Up - part II


So I wrote last week about an angry young customer service rep named Annette who had gotten really belligerent with me over a forgotten password for a business credit card. Imagine my surprise when Annette calls back a week later. I was a little smug at first, expecting some sort of apology for her hasty accusations the week before. You know - a little groveling after a good dressing down from her boss.

Wrong...

She informed me (somewhat gleefully) that she had pleaded her case to her manager, who had authorized a shutdown of my account. Here we go again. Only this time, she really pulled it off. I went online while we were talking and sho' nuff - my account was locked up tight.

I can imagine this person working for an entire week to get back at little ole me. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but that's how it came off. Anyway, Annette then accused me of impersonating someone else over the phone to the customer service rep who undid her shenanigans last week. I pretty much lost it at that point and started screaming into the phone like a maniac.

I think I scared her....

Her supervisor came on the line (after a loooong period of being on hold in which I had some cool down time). She and I talked through everything and now it looks like everything's golden again.

Maybe Annette will call again next Thursday. Now it's kinda like a sporting event...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I saw Annette just the other day. She was sitting outside Arby's drinking something out of a brown paper sack, and she seemed to be drooling out of one side of her mouth. I thought about asking if I could her, and then realized she was hacking on a laptop, and had one of those God-awful Bluetooth ear things on. She was muttering somethig about "I'll get you, and your little dog, too." Then she began to shriek with laughter. I think she was talking to a Visa customer...